Friday, July 3, 2009

Here a fish there a fish...

Today we met up with my sister Jess, her husband, Dave, and their daughter, Sarah at the NE Aquarium. The kiddos were so excited about the fish and turtles. Eva did warn Avery that the shark was going to bite him... typical big sister! Has to ruin the experience for the little guy by scaring him. Actually I think she was aiming to get him to choose to stay behind so she could have us all to herself!

Anyway, the aquarium was a hit. We purchased a season (year long) pass for the Fam-Damily which was, if you ask me, worth it even if we never make it back there since we were able to skip on ahead of the mile long line (I'm exaggerating a teeny bit) and get right to the penguins.

Aahh the penguins! Last year when we went they were very happy little birds. Happy in this case meaning that they were happily "giving one another piggy back rides". Penguin sex is only interesting when you have a bunch of little kiddos looking about all confused and asking "why is that penguin doing that to the other one"? My very conservative sister even took video. (I love remembering this because it truly does show her humorous side, which I love!) I have to admit I was a bit relieved that they were not as "happy" this visit since I could only imagine what conclusions Eva may come to and how those conclusions may manifest in public places. For example: She's very upset, shall we call it, that Rylan and Avery have a penis and she does not. This typically sounds something like this in public "Why does Rylan have a penis with Avery like Daddy does and I don't? I want a penis. I don't want a 'gina'. I don't want one like Mommy." (as it happened today in the crowded ladies room at the Aquarium).

After the Aquarium we took a stroll to Fanuil Hall for some "Chowda"... Very crowded, very expensive, very sticky! BUT there are pigeons and that was a major attraction for Eva so I guess it was worth it. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered with the Aquarium. Next time I'll bring her to a McDonald's parking lot and buy her a bag of fries to attract the pigeons with.. :)

Ended our Boston portion of the trip with a stop in the park at the water fountain spray area where Avery was surprised by water shooting him in the butt and later in the face. Poor guy was in the wrong place at the right time twice! The crowd (and I) laughed both times while Matt said "it's not funny" (HELL YES IT WAS)! I guess I can kiss the mommy of the year award goodbye again... oh well! The kids were soaked so we stripped them naked (well down to diaper and undies- I'd already lost the award so who cares) right there in the park, loaded them into the stroller, and dressed them in the parking garage before heading to Kimball Farm for dinner and icecream. Lesson learned: if you "punch out" at the parking garage kiosk but don't exit the garage within 15 minutes (not enough time to change, dress, and load 3 small children, their belongings, stroller, ourselves, etc..) you are welcomed with an additional $12 fee at the gate! $#%^@ Boston Parking! UGH!

Fantastic weather today! I think it was the 5th sunnyish day in almost 30 days. Not too hot and a bit of a breeze made it perfect for us! Even this rain loving mommy was happy to see the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment