Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday dilema

After talking with several friends and a professional I decided not to invite family to Avery's birthday party this year. By "family" I mean my family. My family hasn't had the best attendace at my kids' birthday parties. My sisters and parents showed for Eva's first birthday but only Jess (the eldest of my two younger sisters) came to her second party and she was the only one who showed up for Avery's first birthday too. Amanda said she was sick for Eva's 2nd birthday but then never bothered to visit later or acknowledge her birthday in any way. When Avery turned a year Amanda called me after attending a wedding that same morning to tell me she was sick. I invited her to come the following day to the "friend party" but she never showed. When I called my Grandmother later in week my Aunt told me that Amanda was on the Cape with her boyfriend. Hmmm.



Anyway, Avery's birthday is next week. Amanda, in her usual fasion, just called me to say she's visiting my parents and would I mind if she came over for a bit- without any warning. You know just drop in... (this after she came up several dozen times in a row and didn't bother to call me or try to see my kids- the only reason she's calling now is that I emailed her after her last visit and told her I would like to see her and asked that she let me know BEFORE HAND next time she was here). Just happens that we're all sick, all five of us! Nasty head cold. I told her we're not the best company and she asked about Avery's birthday... I tell her I'm that basically not having a family party because nobody ever shows anyway. Her response "That's not fair, I was at a wedding".

I feel like saying: "BULLSHIT! You called me after the wedding (during or just before Avery's party) to let me know you weren't feeling well and I invited you to the party we were having the very next day and you said you'd come if you were feeling better. Funny because I called Aunt Nancy the next day and she told me you were visiting them on the Cape with your boyfriend and feeling just fine but you never bothered to call me and lie that day about being sick."

I didn't bother responding... waste of energy trying to reaon with people who lie and then a year later try to use the same lie again. It didn't work the first time, why does she think I'll fall for it now?

Update: Now she's posted on my FB page practically pleading to come to his party and making me look like an ass because I'm not inviting her. I emailed her to let her know we decided at the last minute (which we did- really, we called Matt's father and sisters last night) to get together on Sunday and she could come if she wants to but I understand that it's last minute.

I wish people would either smarten up or just leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment